Weight Ticker

Monday, June 4, 2012

My 50th birthday is only a week away. The big question is did I lose the big 50? Nope. I didn't. I lost 21 at the highest point. Then I gained back ten. Then I lost 8. Then I gained back 3. I'm sure there's more along the way, but the way I was doing it was wrong, wrong, wrong. All wrong.

My friend suggested the book Made to Crave and that was the eye opener I needed. It's premise is that God made us to crave. He made us to crave Him. Unfortunately, I've tried to satisfy my need for comfort with food rather that God. So I turned back to Him and had a serious renewal of faith. I'm down from my original weight by 13 pounds and feel much better. I've been rowing and gardening and I feel soooo much better all the way around. This isn't about weight loss as much as it is about faithfulness.

Thank you to all who encouraged me. Most especially, thanks to Sharolyn for recommending the book and to both Sharolyn and Gail for being my sisters in Christ and helping me on my new journey.

I've started a new blog called The Faithful Garden www.thefaithfulgarden.blogspot.com where I'm posting about this new journey as I learn about faithfulness and gardening, too. It's my heart.

Here's to satisfying cravings the right way!

No comments:

Post a Comment