Weight Ticker

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 13 - Saturday, May 28th

Today was an incredible day. I was up at 6:30 a.m. just because I didn't have to be. I tried a bowl of  oatmeal that I hadn't tried before and really enjoyed it. I believe it's called Better Oats, but I'll double check that. I'm trying to get heart healthy foods into my life and oatmeal is top on the list for my high cholesterol. Heart disease runs in our family, and I have high blood pressure and am overweight, too. Put it all together and that means I'm at increased risk for having a heart attack. It's a real motivator to get in control of my health and lower those numbers.

Anyway, I worked on my ABC book, The Big Z Circus, for a bit until Randy got up. Then I picked blueberries from our bushes and made blueberry pancakes and some of Randy's homemade maple bacon. So good! After cleaning house and tackling laundry, we headed outside for they day. Randy brought home a truckload of firewood for next winter, so we unloaded and stacked that and then we hit the pool. Swimming is great exercise for fibromyalgia. I worked on strengthening the extensor foot/lower leg muscles so I won't have so much pain walking uphill. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll see improvement over time. I also got the chance to work on strengthening my left shoulder. Then I worked on napping on my raft. Later on, we made Cooking Light Shrimp and Sausage Grits and collards with an onion from our garden and Randy's salt pork. Great food today! I wonder what the scale will say at tomorrow's weigh in.

Between housework, laundry, unloading and stacking wood, and swimming, I think I got a good amount of exercise today. I'm wonderfully relaxed and very content with life.

Good stuff! 160 calories in a pouch. Didn't taste instant!

1 comment:

  1. grandaddy got me eating Oat Bran. Similar in consistency to oatmeal, but very different taste. I just eat it with salt, butter, and I cut up turkey bacon and mix it in.

    ReplyDelete