Deep South Shrimp and Sausage
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped tricolor bell pepper
- 1 (6.5-ounce) link smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp, seasoning, and black pepper, tossing to coat. Cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Return pan to medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add sausage; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add reserved shrimp mixture and garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add 1/4 cup water; cook 30 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat; let stand 2 minutes.